- The Clean-up Crew (affectionately know to me as the Little Green Men) who show up every day without fail, plastic green brooms in hand, to clean up other people’s crap.
- Barbe à papa: papa’s beard, AKA cotton candy. How can that word not make you smile?
- Unusual and frank billboards. I love that the French aren’t (yet) stifled by the conservative Christian right and can post billboards like this in the metro without causing a media firestorm.
- Free museum entrance for children and young adults up to the age of 25. (Another example of the French’s commitment to cultivating a love of the arts.)
- Thegendarmeries on their horses trotting about the city keeping the gypsies in line: c’est tellement chic.
- Round windows. Moi, j’adore.
- The postmen and women delivering mail on their bikes. (Being a cycling postwoman has always secretly been my dream job.)
- Pistachio éclairs.
- Grown men in business suits on fold-up bikes: captains of industry join the circus.
- Those hunky pompiers who work so hard to stay in shape each morning and add a little extra attraction to a city already oozing with beauty.
Posts tagged ‘Paris architecture’